This is the way that I do it; but, you can remove the beef bone & chicken, if need be. Boiling the chicken on the bone and the beef bone draws needed nutrients from the marrow. Many with porphyria believe this is beneficial in that a couple of the heme product steps occur in the marrow. Also, the OMD that I see is very much about adding the bones for everyone.
The amount of potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms can be varied to suit taste.
I make enough for several meals.
Chicken breast, on the bone
Jalapeno (with care)
Organic vegetable broth
- Place chicken and beef bone in pot
- Cut potatoes to bite size & add to pot
- Add celery
- Add salt
- Cover with vegetable broth
- Bring to rapid boil and turn down to light boil. Boil for 40 minutes.
- Add carrots, cut to bite size
- Add mushrooms, cut to preferred size
- Add Dill
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat & remove pot from burner.
- Remove chicken, to prevent over cooking.
- After chicken cools, shred and mix into soup.